The United Nations Human Settlements Programme (UN-HABITAT) developed this guide for city planners and other allied professionals to better understand, assess, and take action on climate change at the local level. While climate change is a global issue, this guide is specifically intended for urban communities in low and middle income countries where the challenges are unique and the human stakes of planning for climate change are particularly high.
Publications in the Cities and Climate Change series:
- Making Carbon Markets Work 2012
- Local Leadership for Climate Action 2011
- Developing Local Climate Change Plans 2012
- Planning for Climate Change 2011
- Participatory Climate Change Assessments